Lipman Hall, Room 123
76 Lipman Drive
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8525
Xenobiotic metabolism in aquatic animals
Studies are currently examining the effects of endocrine disrupting compounds on finish and bivalve mollusks. The compounds of current interest include dioxin-like compounds and phthalates. The model systems used for these studies include the Japanese Medaka, winter flounder and the American oyster. The research on the finish involves the development of multigenerational studies examining the effects at multiple levels of organization from biochemical to population endpoints. The studies on the American oyster are examining the effects on gonadal development and larval development. Both food web and physiological based pharmacokinetic models are also being developed to better predict chemical movement both in the environment as well as within the organism of concern. The overall research in the laboratory is centered around comparative toxicology.
- Craniofacial abnormalities and altered wnt and mmp mRNA expression in zebrafish embryos exposed to gasoline oxygenates ETBE and TAME. Aquatic Toxicology. 2012, 120-1212: 45-53
Bonventre J.A., White L.A., and Cooper K.R.
- DEP Induction of ROS in Capillary-like Endothelial Tubes Leads to VEGF-A. Expression. Toxicology. 2012,
Ming-Wei C., Po I.P., Laumbach R., Koslosky J., Cooper K.R., and Gordon, M.
- Interactions between hypoxia and sewage-derived contaminants on gene expression in fish embryos. Aquatic Toxicology. 2012, Volume 108, Pages 60-69
A. McElroy, Carissa Clark, T. Duffy, B. Cheng, J. Gondek, M. Fasta, Keith R. Cooper, Lori White
- Methyl tert butyl ether (MTBE) is anti-angiogenic in both in vitro and in vivo mammalian model systems. Journal of Applied Toxicology. 2012,
Kozlosky, J., Bonventre, J. and Cooper, K.R.
- Decreased vitellogenin inducibility and 17β-estradiol levels correlated with reduced egg production in killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus) from Newark Bay, NJ. Aquatic Toxicology. 2011, 105:1-12
Bugel S., White L.A., and Cooper K.R.
- Methyltertbutyl ether targets developing vasculature in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Aquatic Toxicology. 2011, Volume 105, Issues 1-2, Pages 29-40
Josephine A. Bonventre, Lori White, Keith R. Cooper
- Microbially Mediated O-Methylation of Bisphenol a Results in Metabolites with Increased Toxicity to the Developing Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Embryo. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2011, 45:6567-6574
McCormick JM, Van Es T, Cooper KR, White LA, Häggblom MM
- Perfuorooctanoic acid (PFOA), and emerging drinking water contaminant: a critical review of recent literature. Environmental Research. 0, 116:93-117
Post, G.A., Cohn, P.D. and Cooper, K.R.
- 11:115:422 | Biochemical Mechanisms of Toxicology
- 11:115:436 | Molecular Toxicology Lab
- 11:115:491 | Biochemical Communications